We have mentioned roof ventilation quite a bit in our blogs, but do you know what it is and why proper ventilation for your roof is so important? Roof ventilation allows the air to circulate through the building, and this helps to prevent multiple problems. Roof ventilation usually involves vents that are installed within the roof or eaves of your home, keeping moisture and heat from getting trapped within your attic or inner roof.
Benefits of proper roofing ventilation include, but are not limited to:
- Decreased moisture levels in the inner roof/ attic. By circulating the air in your home, and decreasing moisture and heat buildup in your attic or inner roof, the growth of mold and mildew can be prevented. In addition, moisture can cause rotting to your roof and the structure of your house. Therefore, proper ventilation can save you a lot of time, money, and worry in the future. It can also keep you safer.
- Regulating your home’s temperature. Air circulation assists in decreasing trapped heat in the summer and cold in the winter.
- Increase energy efficiency. By regulating the temperature in your home, proper ventilation decreases the need for as much air conditioning, allowing you to cut back on energy usage and costs.
- Prevention of ice dams: Roof ventilation decreases the chance of ice dams through temperature regulation.
- Increased life of roof: Ventilation of your roof can actually extend your roof’s life by keeping it in good condition. This saves you time and money while keeping your roof looking great!
Do you have questions about your roof’s ventilation? As always, you can call us with any questions or concerns and we would be happy to help in any way we can!