Having work done on your roof can feel like a big project, and finding someone you trust to do that work is incredibly important. With so many companies out there, one way to ensure that you are selecting the right company is to ask the proper questions. In this blog, we will look at some of the most common and essential questions to ask a roofer before selecting them for your project.
Questions to Ask Possible Roofers:
- What is your experience in the roofing industry?
- When selecting a roofer, you will want to make sure they have a good amount of experience and that they are not just a random contractor off the street. When it comes to your home, you deserve the best, and a great way to ensure that you are receiving top service is to learn about a company’s past work.
- Will you be on site?
- You may really like the seller you are talking to and feel they will be great for the job. However, some companies have workers that simply sell you on the project but not actually show up during it. Make sure to ask the worker you are speaking to if they will be present during the job.
- What is your process?
- While this may seem like a simple and obvious question, what you are really looking for is how thorough the answer is. While there are many companies and contractors out there, you want to make sure that the one you select knows what they are talking about and is willing to fill you in on the entire process. As a client, you have a right to know and learn about what goes on when receiving work done to your home.
- What is your cleaning and disposal process?
- The reason you will want to ask this question is to make sure you will not get stuck with the leftover pieces of the job. Imagine having beautiful work done to your roof only to find out that the junk left behind is your responsibility to dispose of. This is why you will want to ensure that the cleaning and disposal part of the job is taken care of by the roofers.
- Are you local?
- When you find a roofer you like, it is important to make sure that they actually do work in your area. This is why you should always ask up front if they are local. At C3 American Exteriors, we started out by doing roofing projects in Pennsylvania. Our roofing business quickly spread across the state to multiple areas in Pennsylvania. As we became more popular, we expanded into Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Delaware. This has allowed us the opportunity to work with so many more clients!
We hope these questions help you to find the best service for you. Feel free to give us a call and ask us these questions, or any questions you may have!