At C3 American Exteriors, we specialize in specific roofing materials such as standing seam, synthetic cedar shake, EPDM, TPO, and asphalt shingles. Many of the roofing projects and materials you will read about in our blogs tend to be the most popular in the areas we service. Starting in Hanover, Pennsylvania, our roofing business has grown to serve people in Maryland, Delaware, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Whether you live in Hanover, Pennsylvania, or any of the other areas we service, we would love to help you select the best material for your roof.
Though we often focus on specific materials local to us, it can be fascinating to learn about materials used all over the world! How do roofing materials on the east coast of the United States compare to the rest of the world? Let’s take a look at the materials used all over the world!
- Ceramic- From Latin America to Asia to Europe, ceramic tiles are used in roofing all over the world. They have a long lifespan and can be found in multiple colors and designs. They are great for intense weather as well.
- Slate – This material is made of stone and can be found in North America and Europe. It is strong and durable, and it looks beautiful. However, it can be costly. That being said, if slate is properly cared for, it can last one hundred years or more!
- Metal – Metal roofs are popular in Australia, Europe, and North America. They are durable and great for lowering energy costs. Different types of metal can be used in roofing, from copper to steel and so much more. Metal roofing can be customized to fit your preferences and offer a long lifespan.
- Asphalt- This popular roofing material can be found all over the world. It is popular in the United States and North American in general, but it is also seen in Asia, Europe, Australia, etc. Asphalt offers easy installation and is affordable and durable.
- Wood- Wood shingles are popular for their look and durability, however they require a lot of upkeep to prevent rot, mold, algae, and moss. They are also more susceptible to fires. Wood shingles are popular in Asia, North America, and Europe.
- Other unique materials- Some other unique materials include bamboo (most popular in Asia), thatch (made of grass, reeds, straws, etc. and used in areas like Africa and South America), and even palm leaves (used in tropical areas).
As you can see, roofing materials differ all over the world, offering a variety of looks and benefits. We love working with different materials and have our favorites. Whether you live in Hanover, Pennsylvania or any of the other areas we service, give us a call today so we can discuss your next roofing project.